I was looking to Organise my own London to Paris bike ride

Home Forums Organised London to Paris Bike Rides I was looking to Organise my own London to Paris bike ride

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Debbie 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi Guys,

I was looking to to organise my own london to paris cycle ride with my friends and family. I was wondering how hard this is and what you need to start it up. The questions im looking to be answered are 1. do you need a doctor or physio with you 2. would you need a support vehicle with spare parts? 3. if so is there people that you can hire for the ride.

Hope you can help

George

#544 Reply

Martin Bodocky

Hi George,

I’m looking for people to do that race as well. I’m not expert but i know i want to do it.

Please write here if you are still interested in chatting about collaboration.

Thanks

Martin

#545 Reply

Alan Bull

Providing you are all reasonably fit individuals, and do an adequate amount of training then you won’t need a doctor with you for a personally organised trip. if there are a large number of you planning to do this then you would be obliged to arrange this.

As for a support vehicle – don’t bother. Just grab a decent pannier rack and bag and carry them with you.

#729 Reply

Debbie McLean

I am planning to do the London to Paris via Newhaven route (3 day or 4 day route) April 2015
    Ideally i’d like to be in paris for my 40th (26th April) but open to doing it a little earlier or later.

Would like to ride with at least one other. – I’m a bit of a newby to this. (Building up at the moment by around 10 miles each month) I Live in Central Scotland. Please get in touch.

#734 Reply

Lesley

Debbie – I wish to do the London to Paris Bike Ride but not for charity. I am keen on organising a group. Ideally we would need someone to do backup – take the luggage, be around for any problems and perhaps provide the picnics. Usually there is someone who is happy to do this for having their trip paid for but I am open to suggestions.

#735 Reply

Rob Sutherland

Hi,

I’m also looking to do London – Paris in 2015 (don’t care when as long as not too cold) at a reasonably leisurely pace (60-70 miles a day), possibly along the Route Vert. Would prefer an informally organised group (I cleaned out all my friends doing a charity ride last year) but having someone as backup would be ideal.

I do parlez a bit of the local lingo, not well but enough to get by, which may be a help

Rob Sutherland

#737 Reply

Debbie

Lesley and Rob sounds good. Where are you based and does April work? I think back up vehicle isn’t really needed if only doing 50-100 miles each day but the reassurance of another person on the route would be great. Weegiewoman@gmail.com is my email if you fancy chatting it over.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: I was looking to Organise my own London to Paris bike ride
Your information: