Welcome to the new London to Paris bike ride website

Home Forums General Topics Welcome to the new London to Paris bike ride website

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    L2P Admin
    Keymaster

After months in the making we are proud to introduce to you our very much new and improved London to Paris bike ride website – London2Paris.co.uk.

We started our original London to Paris bike ride website back in 2009 so that we could have a central place for friends and family to see what we we’re planning and to follow our progress, to encourage them to sponsor our efforts for the charities we we’re supporting and to document our own experiences of cycling from London to Paris. The site was put together quite quickly and the content was only ever intended for those people we knew well.

It wasn’t long before other people like you came across our website and visitors numbers increased dramatically. We started to receive a lot of positive feedback, we we’re getting questions sent to us by email every week from those looking to complete the famous ride themselves as well as others which we’re from cyclists who had already completed the ride and wanted to share their experiences.

This attention certainly took us by surprise and we started to add more content to our site to try to make it more useful for others to plan their own L2P bike rides. After a while we realised the website we had was no longer suitable and that we would need to create a new one from scratch.

We’ve spent the little free time we’ve had in the last few months carefully planning what we wanted to do, how it would look and the content which we would publish and here we are with our shiny new website.

We’ve changed the website from a simple blog to be more of an information portal or guide for those looking to cycle from London to Paris. The content has been pulled together from the countless emails we’ve received over the last couple of years and published in a way which we hope makes sense to users.

We wanted to also provide a place where we could build a community of likeminded cyclists who could come for tips and advice when planning their trip whilst enabling others who’ve been lucky enough to have completed the ride already to come and share their experiences with others.

So here we are, we hope that you like it. Your continued feedback is welcomed as we aim to make this the most useful and practical guide to cycling from London to Paris anywhere on the internet (it’s not going to be easy we know!).

Thanks, from all the L2P team.

#457 Reply
    martinnewbury

Nice work guys, the new site looks great.

I’d been on your old site a few times before so can see the difference is huge.

I’m sure you’re working on it anyway but there are a few pages with no content on them.

#460 Reply
    L2P Admin
    Keymaster

Hi @martinnewbury

Thanks for your post.

We’re working on updating and adding content as quickly as we can, so please bare with us for now.

Please do get in touch with us again if you have any specific feedback on existing site content or recommendations for any new content – we’d love to hear from you.

#462 Reply
    elliefelton

Great website guys, thank you. It’s been really helpful to us as some friends and I are gonna attempt the London to Paris ride early next year – independently too!

#464 Reply
    L2P Admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback @elliefelton – we’re working as hard and as fast as we can to get this website to be as helpful to our members as possible.

Please do continue to contribute and spread the word!

#727 Reply
    Kiran Praveen

Hello,

I am looking to cancel my registration as my circumstances have changed.

Is there anyway I can find a list of people who are waiting for places so I can find a substitution please.

regards,

Kiran

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #464 in Welcome to the new London to Paris bike ride website
Your information: