Do I need a bicycle lock on the ferry?

Home Forums General Topics Do I need a bicycle lock on the ferry?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James Phelps

Just wondering if we should take a bike lock with us to use to lock our bikes up on the ferry journey or is it safe without? We don’t wanna carry any extra weight if we don’t need to.

#2183 Reply
    joyrider

Yes! I wouldn’t leave my bike unlocked on the ferry.

We shared a chain lock between two of us and took turns in carrying it. One of the hotels we stayed in had a secure area for bikes but there were other bikes in the so felt better knowing that ours were locked together, and we use outside a couple of cafes we stopped at so definitely good to carry a lock with you.

#2436 Reply
    Kurnee_

When it comes to ferry journeys and bike security, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. While ferry trips are generally pretty safe, it’s wise to bring a bicycle lock along just in case. It provides an extra layer of protection and peace of mind while you enjoy your journey. I understand not wanting to carry extra weight, but think of it as an investment in your bike’s security. Nowadays, it’s important enough to insure any of your possessions, so you may need help at https://sundaysinsurance.co.uk/cyclist-insurance. But again, it’s all up to you, but personally, I insure everything I own.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Do I need a bicycle lock on the ferry?
Your information: