Picturesque route/Route verte

Home Forums London to Paris Cycle Routes Picturesque route/Route verte

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by Martin.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    occasionalcyclist

Can anyone let me know which of the 3 options provided for a 4 day trip from London to Paris incorporates the new route verte? Im looking for a route which will provide the most beautiful scenery. I have read that the route verte does pass via Gatwick airport which many have commented is not ideal. Any ideas for a more atractive journey down to the coast? Many thanks for your help.

#476 Reply
    Alan Bull

The Avenue Verte is a great route to go on, but it remains only partially complete. The UK side is definitely the poorer of the two and in my opinion if you are a confident road cyclist then a route down to Newhaven on smaller B roads is ideal.

Once you are out of Greater London the views can be very beautiful but like anywhere you will always come upon the greyness of some built up areas.

As soon as you arrive in Dieppe, follow the (sometimes hard to see) signs to the start of the traffic-less part of Avenue Verte for which you will then be treated to around 40 miles of beautiful countryside views and a very mild incline.

This is the 4 day route I would recommend: http://london2paris.co.uk/routes/4-day-cycle-routes/#newhavendieppe

#751 Reply
    Martin

Hi

A group of us are doing the London paris this June via Dieppe and the avenue vert. A number of us are doing it on road bikes. My question is what is the road/path surface like and would it be suitable for the delicate skinny tyres of a road bike?

Also if anyone could name some worthwhile towns en route to stay that would be much appreciated. (3 day route)

Martin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #751 in Picturesque route/Route verte
Your information: